Patients taking regular medications will require repeat prescriptions. For a safer and faster service repeat prescriptions are computerised.
All requests must be in writing and can take up to five working days to process.
You can submit your request in the following ways:
- Requesting your prescription online.
- Bringing your request into the surgery. Please keep the right hand side of the form and when your medication is due send in the form with a tick against the items you require.
- Requesting it from your local pharmacy who can deliver it to us
- Posting your request enclosing a SAE
Please note our receptionists are not allowed to take requests for prescriptions over the telephone.
REMEMBER – Your prescription is YOUR responsibility. Only order what you need. Unused medications cannot be recycled.
Repeat Prescription Request
Please allow 5 working days, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. Any problems please contact the surgery.
Prescriptions charges and exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.00
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 13 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public – Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website